Phi Kappa Kappa Chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. in conjunction with Project Friendship Foundation hosted its 12th annual football recruiting event for unsigned high school senior football players in honor of Omega Psi Phi member Brandon Adams, a former Georgia Tech standout, who tragically passed away last year at the age of 21. This Recruiting Summit has given eligible high school senior football players the opportunity to receive scholarship offers.
Since the Summit’s inception in 2007, over 100 students have received football scholarship opportunities with a value of more than 1.5 Million dollars from 42 NCAA Division II, III, NAIA, Junior College, and Prep School programs. The Recruiting Summit happened last Saturday, February 22, 2020, from 9 am – 1 pm at the College Football Hall of Fame. The free event was open to all unsigned football seniors and participants got an opportunity to meet and receive an evaluation for scholarships, try-outs, or walk-on consideration from visiting Division II, III, NAIA, Junior College, or Prep School institutions.
110 high school seniors attended the event this year and here’s a list of colleges & universities that were present for the summit:
· Arkansas Baptist College (JUCO)
· Bowie State University (Central Intercollegiate Athletic Conference [CIAA] Champion- Division II)
· Lincoln University (PA) (CIAA – Division II)
· Shaw University (CIAA – Division II)
· Virginia State University (CIAA – Division II)
· Miles College (Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference [SIAC] Champions – Division II)
· Clark Atlanta University (SIAC-Division II)
· Morehouse College (SIAC -Division II)
· Erskine College (Division II)
· Point University (NAIA)
· Reinhardt College (NAIA)
· Community Christian College (JUCO)
What an awesome opportunity for these players to be recruited and an equal opportunity for football programs to find the players they need after National Signing Day. We look forward to supporting this summit next year and watching it’s impact grow around Metro Atlanta.